Here are some thoughts:

With respect to segregating your data for each brand, you can read a bit
about DataStore and Multitenancy here:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/multitenancy/overview.html

I also know that when your are a paying Google Apps customer, you can add
"domain aliases" in your Google Apps from you Domain Names settings page
here:
https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/yourprimarydomainname.com/DomainSettingsDomains<https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/gentomi.com/DomainSettingsDomains>
 then from AppEngine's control panel, under "Application Settings", you can
click the "Add Domain.." button, then enter "yourprimarydomainname.com",
then you'll be able to supply your "otherbrand.com" to serve your app from
AppEngine. Now otherbrand.com will load your website on appengine too. Your
customers would also have to perform the Google domain verification steps
per your request.

These things will get you close, but then you have to actually make the site
appear different when someone uses that domain name to visit your
site. There is no quick-and-dirty "mod-rewrite" on AppEngine, but the
hostname "otherbrand.com" will be in the HTTP request headers, and you
should be able to influence what happens to incoming requests, i.e. steer
different images and maybe some style sheets. For example, you might have a
servlet that acts as a (caching?) proxy to the customer's external branding
resources (you will specify to them exactly what they must supply). E.g. a
URL on your site for a header image might look like "/some/path/
otherbrand.com/header.png" where you would inject the "otherbrand.com" into
that URL when you put that image into the DOM.

Broc