Static  file are dealt with differently on production , please check gaej documentation online.

Hth

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

On Sep 9, 2011 2:31 PM, nicshel2 <nicsh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am working on my first Google App and am having issues with URLs.  I am using Spring MVC.  My application works as expected in local development mode, where I have URLs in the format of

http://localhost:8888/app/intro.htm

When I deploy to Google App Engine however this path doesn't work. ( replacing local host with actual URL ).

http://xxxx.appspot.com/app/intro.htm
For example I am trying to get the UserService to redirect to the login screen ( works fine in local deployment )

but I get the error:

 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The requested URL was not allowed: /app/intro.htm

If I try to go to http://xxxx.appspot.com/app/intro.htm directly from the deployed version, it fails
because /app/intro.htm cannot be found.

If anyone could give me any tips or suggestions that would be great.

Thanks,

Lisa