If you have a java web application that conforms to servlet spec 2.4,
jsp spec 2.0 and jstl spec 1.1.x the additional steps you'll need to
take
are roughly:

   -- add the resource files to your appengine-web.xml file
   -- replace use of JAAS classes that are not allowed by the
appengine security
      manager such as the Principal class.  see the Google account
      com.google.appengine.api.users.User
   -- turn any jspx files into jsp files by making the directives not
use xml (just the
       directives, the remaining jstl xml commands will still
function).
      that also means that your jsp-config in the web.xml should use
<el-ignored>false</el-ignored>
   -- the jars for servlet-api, jsp-api, jstl and standard are needed
for compilation,
      but should be removed before deployment as they are provided by
the container.
   -- to use the servlet session, you'll need to enable it with:

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/config/appconfig.html#Enabling_Sessions