Yes, although you're still limited by the datastore - you can't save
images bigger than 1MB due to the Blob size limit (I'm not sure if it
would work to spread the data over more than one Blob, but I think I'd
avoid it.

I might try to avoid storing image data in the datastore at all to be
honest - the Blobstore is there for that purpose.

Mat.