Ah, yes. I saw your original post but couldn't see why it would be
happening - it wasn't an error I came across when getting mine
working.

The code I use for Google accounts (regardless of whether they're apps
or not) is like this...

UserService us = UserServiceFactory.getUserService();
response.sendRedirect(us.createLoginURL(nextPageURL, null,
"https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id";, null));

When I tried with https://www.google.com/a/mydomain.com/o8/ud?be=o8
(with or without the be=o8 bit) instead of
https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id I get a 500 error and nothing in
the logs - literally nothing, even when showing "All requests"!

The error is on this page...
http://myapp.mydomain.com/_ah/login_redir?claimid=https://www.google.com/a/mydomain.com/o8/ud&continue=http://myapp.mydomain.com/public/loggedin?continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmyapp.mydomain.com%2Fadmin%2Fhome

If you did use the method I've used, you could check the domain of the
user after they're logged in I guess?

Thanks,
Mat.