I just had this discussion with well connected people at Google.  That
is the guarantee that they gave us (a very large visible GAE
implementation) and we (and they) are banking on it.  I have suggested
a change to their documentation to explicitly state such a guarantee.
Test it for yourself.  One exception to that seems to be that you can
manually add that header to requests that originate from a task
queue.  But that is under our control, so we don't see it as a
significant security problem.

scott