On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Paul <pgronkiew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't even mention that startup requests, which take about
> 7000-9000ms. So yeah, subsequent requests are like 10x faster, but
> still few times too slow.
>
> On Dec 14, 10:37 pm, "Ikai Lan (Google)" <ika...@google.com> wrote:
>> Could this be startup time? A loading request? This is when we have to
>> start up the JVM and the Wicket framework. Do subsequent requests return
>> much faster?

The development datastore is always much much much faster as the
"real" datastore.

Most likely you are runninng into issues like:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7049717/appengines-entity-group-write-limit-is-very-limiting-in-real-life-application

Check out "usage notes" at:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/hr/overview.html

A "cool" thing would be to artificially throttle the development
datastore to notice such problems early on and not when deploying the
app. Maybe that's a feature request...

Best,

Raphael

inc: http://ars-machina.raphaelbauer.com