On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM, datanucleus <andy_jeffer...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> > Also, I did not have a persistence.xml file in eclipse so I copied the
> one
> > provided on the wiki's link and placed
> > it alongside jdoconfig.xml in hope that this would be enough.
>
> And why should you have one? You use one or the other. As per the JDO
> spec.

OK, so JDO uses jdoconfig.xml and JPA uses persistence.xml. Fair enough,
so I don't need persistence.xml since I'm using JDO.

> Why is
> org.datanucleus.store.appengine.jdo.DatastoreJDOPersistenceManagerFactory
> not being found?

 Because your jdoconfig.xml/persistence.xml refers to it and you
> haven't read that link ...

OK, I've given a better look at the link and placed
org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManagerFactory
in place of of
org.datanucleus.store.appengine.jdo.DatastoreJDOPersistenceManagerFactory.

I've been at it all day and now the problem I am having is:

Could not find the main class:
org.datanucleus.enhancer.DataNucleusEnhancer.  Program will exit.

when I try to run the web application. And I can't find where this
DataNucleusEnhancer class is:

eclipse/plugins/org.datanucleus.ide.eclipse_3.0.1$ jar tvf *jar|grep
Enhancer
  2109 Fri Dec 09 07:40:04 CET 2011
org/datanucleus/ide/eclipse/jobs/AutoEnhancer.class
  3878 Fri Dec 09 07:40:04 CET 2011
org/datanucleus/ide/eclipse/jobs/EnhancerJob.class
  1623 Fri Dec 09 07:40:04 CET 2011
org/datanucleus/ide/eclipse/popup/actions/EnhancerToolAction.class
  1307 Fri Dec 09 07:40:04 CET 2011
org/datanucleus/ide/eclipse/preferences/EnhancerPreferencePage$1.class
  7416 Fri Dec 09 07:40:04 CET 2011
org/datanucleus/ide/eclipse/preferences/EnhancerPreferencePage.class

Any ideas of what I've missed this time?

Thanks,

JG