I've run into a problem reading parameters with values that are
encoded in ISO-8559-1 (I think).
Here's an example of a request string:
GET /ws/V1/routes?agency=CIT%20Vall%E9e-du-Richelieu
When reading the value of parameter "agency", the space character
"%20" correctly decodes to a space, but the "%E9" character (this is a
"é") does not. I tried to manually set the request encoding like this:

@Override
         HttpServletResponse response)
throws ServletException, IOException {

request.setCharacterEncoding("ISO-8859-1");

String agency = request.getParameter("agency");

But to no avail. Does anybody have an idea how to handle this?