I find that you're either one of those people who lives on
StackOverflow or you're one of those people who only visits when
they're searching for something specific.  I'm the later myself; I
can't "follow" SO the way I follow an email list.  Truth be told, I
have the google-appengine list and the google-appengine-java list both
dumped to a common label in gmail, so combining the mailing lists
really makes no difference to me.  Actually it improves the situation,
since most discussions really end up being GAE-general.

But yeah, SO is tough to "follow".  I'm not sure it's really all that
useful to try.

Jeff