How are you making the put and delete requests? Most ajax libraries
I've seen, fake out PUT and DELTE by sending a flag with the operation
name as a parameter to POST and rely on the webservice understanding
that. See:
http://dobrzanski.net/2007/04/22/using-put-and-delete-methods-in-ajax-requesta-with-prototypejs/