Andy (and others)

Thanks for the info.

First... what is a uber-lazy OP?

Second... it sounds like the GAE is a program that runs on the
server... and the developer creates server side apps using the python
language... and Google provides an SDK that you can download and run
locally during development...
... kinda like running IIS on your XP Pro PC to develope ASP apps...
... or like running Apache locally while developing server side
applications using PHP...

Where can I see some Google App Engine online examples?
Can you put them on your Google Sites page or on your web page at any
host or are they only avalable as Gadgets on Google Apps?

Thanks again for all the quick start help folks... multi-tasking here
so limited time to chase all this stuff down on the net... and that is
the great thing about online-fourms... where users can help users :)

=====