Hi,

I need to find points (lat/lng) within a certain bounding box. To do
so, I tried Geohash python implementation (http://mappinghacks.com/
code/geohash.py.txt).

Problem's data is :
- I have 2 points (South west SW corner / North east NE corner)
describing a geographic Bounding box
- I have a model (let's call it 'Poi') having a field "geohash" of
type Db.StringProperty + Lat and Lng field (Float)

Question is : How on earth (lol :-) ) can I find all Poi within my
bounding box ?

I've already tried something like :

Create Geohash for SW, create Geohash for NE and do something like :

"SELECT * FROM Poi WHERE geohash >:1 and geohash <= :2, geohash(SW),
geohash(NE)"

Also tried with geoindex, at different depth but all this fails and
still give points not located within Bounding box.
Also tried like describe in "http://labs.metacarta.com/blog/27.entry/
geographic-queries-on-google-app-engine/" to create a small
surrounding box for each Poi and then create a geohash for this
specific bounding box to be in between my SW->NE bounding box....

Nothing is working even with "not worst case" (I mean equatorial
problem...) case/

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Pierre