On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> While we'd like to support Django 1.0 be default in App Engine its
> going to be a little while before we'll have that support.

Paul,

I would like to point out that there is also very heavy demand for
other web frameworks in addition to Django.  Currently appengine comes
bundled with WebOb, which is a core library that Turbogears 2.0 and
Pylons use.  There is a substantial base of professional software
developers all of the world that would love to have Django as well as
WebOb derived frameworks bundled.  Personally, I think it would be a
great service to the Python community to natively include these
frameworks with appengine if Django is included, or at least ensure
that their components work such as Genshi or Mako templating by
default.

Thanks again for the communication!

We are

--