Hi Owen,

Yes, IMHO, you need 2 keys. I suggest you generate 2 keys for example
for domains :
http://localhost:8080  --> developpment server on you local machine
http://www.mysuperdomainname.com  --> the real one (can be also
http://mysuperapplication.appspot.com)

Then, to be more convenient, I suggest you put a little javascript
condition based on "window.location" to load one or the other key
according to which page your visiting. Thus developement will be easy.

Regards,

Pierre