Hi,

If you upload indexes that move in to the 'Error' state, it indicates there
was some problem building the index.  The problem could be transitory, or it
might be that the indexes are exploding and will never build:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/datastore/queriesandindexes.html#Big_Entities_and_Exploding_Indexes

If you think the problem was transitory, simply vacuum the indexes and
re-upload them, and they should build.

-Marzia