Hi Ed,

This usually happens if you managed to store a corrupt entity in your
datastore.  At this time, the only way to regain use of your datastore is to
programmatically delete the bad entity.

One easy way to do this would be to include an interactive shell with your
app (such as
http://code.google.com/p/google-app-engine-samples/source/browse/trunk/shell/),
and query and delete for the entity causing the issue.  If you go this
route, please be sure to restrict the shell to admin-only in your
application.

Also, as Sylvain pointed out, you can start issue 384, which deals with
better error recovery in the Admin Console.

-Marzia