Changes made to datastore entities are not available via GQL requests.
My users can change some configurations, these configs are stored in
the datastore and then retreived there via a GQL request and get().
The problem is that the GQL request picks up the old values (ie before
the user changed the config) and not the new ones. I am not using
Memcache or any other cache as far as I am aware of.

If I take a look in the users admin panel the value shown there is
correct, and this is also picked up via a GQL get() request. What I
suspect is happening is that the Datastore caches the requests somehow
and I just get the cached value, not the current value.

Is there such a datastore cache in place? If there is, how do I get
around it so that I am sure that I am always getting the current
value?

Thanks
/Andreas