To speed up the response for most queries I use memchache to store
part of the generated html.
When the objects change that are used for this memcache entry I call
memcache.delete(key) then
I redirect myself to the page that will generate the memcache content
for this key.

What I see is that sometimes the new page contains the modifications,
memcache(key) is updated.
In the other cases I see the old content. Then I wait a while and do a
second reload
and then I see the new content. I don't think it is a browser cache
issue because there are cases
where the updated content is show when I redirect.
If the redirect is serviced by the same host I can assume the memcache
item is deleted.
But if the redirect request is serviced by another host or another
datacenter is the item then also deleted?

The manual and a few post in this group memtion that mecache inc() and
dec() an integer value atomically in the memcache.
This would suggest that ALL instances of my application see the same
memcache items.

My question?

Is there one (1) memcache as observed by the programmer?
Does it take time to distribute the delete (or inc or dec) operation
across the datacenters?
Or is the memcache separate for every host or every datacenter?

All the examples that use mecache that I I have seen use it for
keeping score of a total with a timeout of around 60 min.
Not a problem if it is not the exact number (of people online, of
messages posted today...)
I have a timeout value of around 3600 (60min), large time between mutations.

djidjadji