Some of the applications I would like to write involve crunching some
numbers. For example, taking a string value pair and finding out
things like, how often have I seen this value in the past hour, past
week, past month, has the range of this value changed, is it more
frequent, less frequent. Take all this and also throw in mins, maxs,
averages. This is quite simple using a standard RDBMS but when I think
how to engineer this in the datastore my head starts to spin.

So my questions are...does anyone know of a few projects that are
using datastore and doing a lot of analytics, something I could take a
look at? Perhaps it isn't as complicated as I imagine.

Also, in general if you were writing something like this do you stick
with GAE or do you more to something that supports a standard RDBMS?

Thanks,
Ethan