Hi,

If the # AUTOGENERATED line is omitted from your index.yaml file, the
dev_appserver will not add any indexes to your index.yaml file, assuming you
are adding them by hand.

If you notice that the line is there, but the indexes still aren't being
added, it's possible that you've run in to a known issue where the indexes
won't generated if the line endings of your file are '\r\n'.  If this is the
case, you should be able to get the indexes to generate by either deleting
the file or fixing the line endings.

-Marzia