If you're trying to infer some type of statistical information from
the dataset after it has been stored, then this might be difficult,
especially in the absence of background/offline processing.

However, here is something you might want to try, for the particular
scenario you describe:
1. Create an indexable property for each entity/entry as you store
it.
Looking at your data, it looks like the timestamp is sufficient,
because each entry has a unique timestamp so you won't have to worry
about breaking ties.

2. You now want to fetch 1000 entities at known intervals. So
extrapolate the timestamps of where those entities fall and fetch
them. Unfortunately, this means that you have to make 1000 queries (I
believe the datastore queues queries up, to a max of 35), so you might
have to do this in multiple requests, and append the entities you
fetch each time to a list.