I have a simple xml file that outputs the following when it is run
locally:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="*" />
<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all" />
</cross-domain-policy>

When it is live, the first line is removed:

<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="*" />
<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all" />
</cross-domain-policy>

What can I do to get this to render properly?  Is there someway I
should be setting the content type of the file?

This is the code for crossdomain.py:

str = """<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain=\"*\" />
<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies=\"all\"/>
</cross-domain-policy>"""

print str

and I've entered this to app.yaml

- url: /crossdomain.xml