I know aggregates have been discussed a lot already and that the way
to do it is at write time.

However my application is a full text search engine where each keyword
produces a different result set. I need to report the sum and count
for the entities in a given result set.

Example: search a datastore of Contract entities where a Contract
model has an attribute "contract_value". I need to get
sum(contract_value) for all the entities for the search.

How would you do this? Writing a count and sum for each possible
search keyword is mind boggling.