Hi Alexander,

> If you are using Django under GAE, just add your 404.html and 500.html
> templates to the templates folder. Django will take care of the rest.

thank you for your reply. Let me slightly rephrase the question - can
this be done with the built in django (I believe Google have built in
v. 0.96)? I would liek to avoid having to maintain a separate django
installation. If yes, how do I determine/configure what folder is the
templates folder? I am sorry if the question sounds lame, I am a n00b.

jmgaly: the purpose of the thread is to find out if it is possible to
make GAE handle the HTTP 404 (page not found) and 500 (internal server
error) error messages. Ideally your code should do its best to prevent
this from happening. However, no code is ideal and once in a while
your users will do something that might trigger an unhandled error. If
you have a customised error handling page with some calming words and
instructions, the user will be less inclined to leave your site if the
error does happen.

You can find more info here: http://www.404errorpages.com/

Thanks!