Hi,

Taking the last question first, App Engine allows authentication against
either Google Accounts or Google Apps. A full explanation of the options can
be found at: http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/auth.html

As for the first part, which is the same for both Google Accounts and Google
Apps accounts, this is covered in our documentation (
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/users/userobjects.html):

"If the User constructor is called with an email address that does not
correspond with a valid Google account, the object will be created but it
will not correspond with a real Google account. This will be the case even
if someone creates a Google account with the given email address after the
object is stored. A User value with an email address that does not represent
a Google account at the time it is created will never match a User value
that represents a real user."

-Marzia