Jeff,

I am fetching 100 records on one go. The funny thing is, the query works 20%
of the time and fails 80% of the time.

no consistency and as the volume of data increase, it fails even more :(

I have 2 million records to upload and have stopped at 700K because of
scaling / time-out issues.

This query has failed for good now. It was working well till last week.

http://payrate.appspot.com/?keyword=Linux

The only change I made to the system was add some new indexes.

I went through 1 hour of the video that you pointed out, there is nothing in
that which I can use to improve my app. I am not doing any writes, only
reads, getting 100 entities per query, using memcache

I am using searchable model and I have a suspicion that search itself is
broken.

I would appreciate if you guys would give me some pointers on how to get
this thing to work.

Rgds,
Venkatesh