> See "Software patent debate"
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_patent_debate

"google algorithm" on Patent Search
http://www.google.com/patents?spell=1&q=google+algorithm&btnG=Search+Patents

The first, US Pat. 6594692 - Filed Apr 29, 1996
"Methods for transacting electronic commerce"
http://www.google.com/patents?id=NvsOAAAAEBAJ&dq=google+algorithm

> seriously a javascript compressor is not an obfuscators
"...Obfuscators may be used to compact object code or interpreted code
without affecting its behaviour when size is important..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscated_code