Hello,

Can somebody please make some sense of why we keep getting erratic and
random timeouts ?
I would be more than happy if Google pointed out that my code sucks. Because
that is the easiest thing to fix.

Sample :
http://payrate.appspot.com/?keyword=quantitative%20financial%20analyst

This works

Sample :
http://payrate.appspot.com/?keyword=quantitative%20financial%20analyst&page=20

This fails ???

I am no longer retrieving 100 entities, but just 20 entities per query. I am
not  "modifying" that data..nor sorting it or...I am doing just vanilla
rendering and it fails with time-outs. There cannot be a simpler and
straight forward app. There is a whole bunch of other functionality i want
to add, but is simply ruled out because of this time-out issues.

I get more time-outs than successful queries.

Have added indexes and all...the app is Memcached...but no use memcaching if
the query won't return results the first time.

I would appreciate if you guys could say that this Searchable query
can/cannot scale for this kind of app...i can start looking at SimpleDB for
storage and Appengine for rendering.

rgds,
Venkatesh