Phtq,

Its better if you host your static files in Amazon S3.

You can create a new subdomain...say media.<your domain name>.com on S3

And when in appengine, you reference that file, all you have to do a is a
urlfetch

Sample : urlfetch.fetch('http://media.<your domain>.com/mp3/' + <file name>)

you can use amazon S3 organizer to upload files to S3. Its as simple as FTP.
Link : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3247

Rgds,
Venkatesh