Andy Freeman wrote:
> class A(db.Model):
>     pass
>
> class B(db.Model):
>     a = db.ReferenceProperty(A)
>
> In some cases, it's an error to use instances of A to refer to
> instances of B.
>
> It would be nice to have some documented way to express that fact, to
> make it so that A.get(key).b_set throws an exception.

I don't know why it would be an error or why you want to throw an
exception, but the b_set attribute is just a query.  You can always
create your own query function that does whatever it is you want.
Maybe something like the following:

     class A(db.Model):
          def get_b_set(self):
                if self.cant_refer_back_to_b:
                     raise Exception
                return self.b_set_private

     class B(db.Model):
           a = db.ReferenceProperty(A, collection_name =
"b_set_private")

                                   Ross Ridge