On Oct 14, 7:49 am, Peter Recore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I know of svn and cvs to version the code..
> > for any php or similar scripting site, we all have the last resort to
> > actually get the code the webserver, since google app engine is also a
> > scripting site, and dont have the constraints of java class file there
> > can be some way to get the code we uploaded to the server....
>
> If you're already using source control, you can just tag or label your
> code every time you upload a new version to app engine.  That way you
> can always recover whatever version you want.  You should probably be
> doing this anyway.  If you are relying on the fact that you can
> download your php code from a production server if your laptop
> explodes, you probably need to rethink your development environment.
> I would rather not have the GAE team devote their efforts to fixing a
> problem that can be solved on the user end, when there are lots of
> problems that can *only* be fixed on the server end.

I am not suggesting that the gae team spend a lot of time developing
this feature,
if I am able to get the code of diff versions in the dev console then
some of the modifications can be done on the move whn i am not at my
dev machine..
if anyone does not want such a feature then its up to u.. this group
is also supposed to a sounding board for ideas..
see the title of the discussion b4 blurting out something, this post
was abt downloading the source....
if u are having issues on the server side, i suggest starting up a new
post or thread