Hi,

Right, I think I got that far. But when I try to add it to data store,
I get the following error....  GeoPtProperty is supposed to take GeoPt
data type, which is "geographical point represented by floating-point
latitude and longitude coordinates." But it doesn't say whether it
needs to be a list or tuples...  Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

File "C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\api
\datastore_types.py", line 596, in __init__
    (lat, typename(lat), lon, typename(lon)))
BadValueError: Expected floats for lat and long; received
(37.3096785453849 (a unicode) and  (a unicode).

And in my python code looks like this...

class LocationInfo(db.Model):
    geocode = db.GeoPtProperty()
    equip = db.ListProperty(long)
    rating = db.RatingProperty()

class AddLocation(webapp.RequestHandler):
    def post(self):
        loc = LocationInfo()
        loc.geocode = self.request.get('latlng')
        loc.put()
        self.redirect('/')

And my javascript looks like this....

GEvent.addListener(map, "click", function(overlay, point) {

        if (marker) {
                map.removeOverlay(marker);
      }

        var iwform =  '<form action="\addDB" method="post">'
                + "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"latlng\" value="+point+">"
                + '<label for="place">Name:</label><input id="id_place"
type="text"
name="place" size="15" value=""/><br />'
                + '<input type="submit" value="Save"/>'
                + '</form>';

        var marker = new GMarker(point,{draggable:true});
        map.addOverlay(marker);
        map.openInfoWindowHtml(point, iwform);
}