I think:
- Servlets are old (now I'm using Struts2)
- I like Python to build web prototypes,
- and Java static typization for big projects.
- GWT output is Javascript/HTML (it is simple to put into GAE)
- if you are thinking "integration" as GWT made with Python, a good
way is Jython (now I'm using IronPython .NET/Mono for my web browser:
this is another integration way)