[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've still got the same person who inconsistently runs into the error,
> when connecting to the demo at http://gaeutilities.appspot.com/session
>
> The error can be reproduced by this user, but I can not. However, I've
> verified in my logs that the error is happening for them. This was a
> problem before issue 588 was resolved, which is what leads me to
> believe somehow the server he is connecting to the application through
> is not up to date.

Issue 588 isn't marked as being resolved.   It's also not obvious that
problem you reported there is a result of a bug in the Googe App
Engine software.  Except for one function at the bottom of the stack,
your traceback only shows your code and code from the standard Python
module pickle.

Hmm... if you're unpickling HTTP cookies, you probably want to rethink
that.  The documentation for the pickle module warns:

    Warning: The pickle module is not intended to be secure against
    erroneous or maliciously constructed data. Never unpickle data
    received from an untrusted or unauthenticated source.

                               Ross Ridge