If you're still planning on using TinyMCE, it may be worth looking
into using zipserve if you haven't already. It should help in working
around the file limit.

e.g. Assuming TinyMCE's files are zipped to /tinymce.zip, add
something like this as a handler in your app.yaml:

  - url: /tinymce/.*
    script: $PYTHON_LIB/google/appengine/ext/zipserve

More details in zipserve's docstrings:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/source/browse/trunk/google/appengine/ext/zipserve/__init__.py

Daniel