Strange problem here... I run appcfg.py to upload my app after making
a few changes, and there's a long pause on any one of the steps
including "Initiating update", "Cloning X static files", etc. through
"Closing update".  After this pause, the upload aborts with a big
stack trace.  (Most often it breaks on either "Initiating update" or
"Closing update".)

The traceback ends with:
  File "C:\Python25\lib\urllib2.py", line 1082, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timed out')>

I've seen other threads on this topic, and the fix always has
something to do with a proxy server.  Well I am not behind any kind of
proxy server, so this is something else.

This only happens sometimes.  Usually I can upload just fine.  It
usually resolves itself within ~15 minutes.  A few times I noticed
that my dashboard wouldn't load during these times either.

One time I think it mentioned that something was incomplete and that I
should rollback the update manually, which I did, and then it timed
out on the rollback (sigh).  Most of the time it doesn't mention
rolling back, or tries to rollback itself.

Does anybody have any idea what's happening here, or is this even
happening to anybody else?  Is this something Google can fix???  This
is *very* disruptive to workflow and making me question the choice of
hosting on GAE (which I otherwise love).  Please help!