Hi :-)

I've very recently started playing with GAE/Django using the google-
app-engine-django project (http://code.google.com/p/google-app-engine-
django/). I have zero experience with GAE and zero experience with
Django (and limited experience with Python).

Looking at the code, I understand that there's a lot of contributed
code for making sessions, auth, serialization... work. Right now I'm
having problems because there's essentially no docs -- I realise it's
impossible to keep accurate documentation for a project that changes
so quickly, but just a 5 minute article with code samples would do
wonders.

I'm assuming it's just:

1. Add the middleware
'appengine_django.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware' to
settings.py
2. from appengine_django.auth.models import User
or perhaps more likely: add appengine_django.auth to the
INSTALLED_APPS variable in settings.py
3. Pretend it's django, but without groups/permissions.

If I'm right, more power to you -- you've managed to not confuse
someone with a lot less experience/knowledge than what I'm guessing
your target audience has right now. If I'm not, well, like I said, a
five minute article with a code sample would be nice. Basically just
the top half of the Django docs:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/auth/

... but adapted for the django helper?

Other than that, excellent project, I'm looking forward to toying with
it some more. I'm sure I'll love it as soon as I figure out what I'm
doing ;-)

In case there's docs but I managed to miss them, I'm sorry. I did
search, but I didn't find anything useful.

Thanks in advance
Laurens