On Oct 23, 9:41 am, "Marzia Niccolai" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What is the app id for the app experiencing this issue (as always, if you
> don't want the app id published in the forum, you can reply directly to me
> with it).

Marzia and I discussed some of this in private since I gave him the
app ID in that way.  Here is what he recommended, so that we can wrap
this thread up:

"Looking at this application, it seems the errors occurred right
around the time the indexes had been uploaded (searching your admin
logs http://appengine.google.com/adminlogs?&app_id=yourappname for
index creation shows that indexes were created at 9:13, and regex
search on the logs shows the index error occurred at 9:15).

Generally in this case the error you should receive would be that the
index has not completed building, not that the index does not exist.
However, this morning there was a small amount of back up building
indices (remember that index building is an offline process), so it's
possible that the upload was still processing when you hit the page
that needed the index, hence the misleading message.

The best advice for index building and application deployment for a
serious application is to update the index definitions several hours
prior to deploying a new app version that needs those indexes.  This
will leave time for the applications indexes to build before the new
version needs to use them.  Running appcfg.py update_indexes is all
you need to do to update the new index definition."

Thanks for your help Marzia and have a great day!

pr3d4t0r
http://www.istheserverup.net
http://www.teslatestament.com