We have a fairly substantial app running which works well maybe 85% of
the time. The other 15% we get random timeouts or errors in areas that
work just fine most of the time.  Just when we think it's stable it
has periods of breaking down.

For example right now it's behaving really badly.  Going to
http://www.guessasketch.com/whois/ should show all the people and
games running on our server. Right now it just times out. This
prevents people from playing our game. Are others experiancing random
instability?

I'm seriously considering going to a normal socket based server,
unfortunatly that would be a big rewrite. If there was some assurance
that this is getting cleared up soon I would feel better but I do see
tickets out there with similar issues and what seems to be very little
action to address the problems.

Any thoughts or words if encouragement to stuck with appendine?

Thanks. D