It was clear that if I can have a criteria that would return a result
set starting with the 1001 row than the problem would be solved. But,
if you read my question you'll notice that I was clearly referring to
result sets that have more than 1000 results. Anyways, I do believe
that my understanding of this 'limitation' is correct and this means
that while designing your model you'll have to always prepare it for
this case (not to forget the way you are writing the queries).

./alex