In our project, we pack the javascript and CSS and switch some flags
around before uploading the source to the server. So what gets
deployed is a bit different from what is on our SVN trunk (but we tag
it before uploading). I'm still not sure why you'd want to download
your source from GAE, if you can easily and securely check it out from
SVN.

-Mahmoud