> On Oct 25, 2:49 am, yejun wrote:
>> Actually, you still need to supply a empty dict object
>> anykind = type("KindName", (db.Expando,), dict())
>>
>> obj1 = anykind()
>> obj1.put()
>>
>> Here "anykind" is just a variable name, it is not necessary to match
>> KindName, but KindName is the name used for datastore.

hey, interesting stuff here. couple of questions:

1. is there a way to retrieve a list of kinds used by an app, or we
need to keep track of them?

2. i have a case where about 300 users have entity collections from
various "models". these collections vary in size from 10 to 10
thousand records, depending on the user. i don't need to fetch data
from all users at any point. so, from a performance perspective, is it
better to give each user its own kind (say "user1_kindname",
"user2_kindname" etc), and fetch directly from them depending on the
user, or it doesn't matter and i can just use a single kind for each
model, plus a reference property to the user? hope this makes sense.
:-)

thanks,
-- rodrigo