If you save the user it has a key, and you can get a unique string
from it like this:

       unique_keystring = str(myUser.key())

If you just want a unique string to use as a key, you could do this:

        import uid
        unique_key = str(uuid.uuid4())

Many ways to do it.   I use keystrings because with a keystring you
can do   db.get(keystring) or even pass a list of key strings and its
fast.  If you use some property you have to query.

-Mike