I'm saving my local datastore to the same folder as my application
code (instead of the default /tmp since this is periodically deleted).
When I try to use the .put() method on a model object, I keep getting
this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/chris/google_appengine/google/appengine/ext/webapp/
__init__.py", line 501, in __call__
    handler.post(*groups)
  File "/home/chris/myapp/views.py", line 102, in post
    entity.put()
  File "/home/chris/google_appengine/google/appengine/ext/db/
__init__.py", line 618, in put
    return datastore.Put(self._entity)
  File "/home/chris/google_appengine/google/appengine/api/
datastore.py", line 160, in Put
    apiproxy_stub_map.MakeSyncCall('datastore_v3', 'Put', req, resp)
  File "/home/chris/google_appengine/google/appengine/api/
apiproxy_stub_map.py", line 46, in MakeSyncCall
    stub.MakeSyncCall(service, call, request, response)
  File "/home/chris/google_appengine/google/appengine/api/
datastore_file_stub.py", line 305, in MakeSyncCall
    (getattr(self, "_Dynamic_" + call))(request, response)
  File "/home/chris/google_appengine/google/appengine/api/
datastore_file_stub.py", line 353, in _Dynamic_Put
    self.__WriteDatastore()
  File "/home/chris/google_appengine/google/appengine/api/
datastore_file_stub.py", line 239, in __WriteDatastore
    self.__WritePickled(encoded, self.__datastore_file)
  File "/home/chris/google_appengine/google/appengine/api/
datastore_file_stub.py", line 291, in __WritePickled
    os.rename(tmpfile.name, filename)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Why is this happening and how do I fix it? This doesn't happen when I
keep the datastore in /tmp, but then the datastore periodically gets
deleted...since it's in /tmp.