I got it to work by:

1) Modifying my appcfg.py code.  Added a mimetype.  Details below.
2) check my html and file names for case (the online google app engine
is case sensitive)

File: C:\google_appengine\google\appengine\tools\appcfg.py
Towards the bottom in function "main" needs to run this line (i made
it the first line):
mimetypes.add_type("application/xaml", ".xaml")

Thanks!