Hi Jesse,

Hitting the www address, it seems as though the 'www' mapping is still
assigned to sites, even though this isn't obvious in the App's cPanel.

I wrote up a quick page on how to disable the 'www' mapping in sites so you
can enable it with App Engine:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/web/deleting-existing-www-mapping-from-google-apps

-Marzia