On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 12:02 AM, jago wrote:
> At least from my tests so far Google Apps does not allow me to host
> the AppEngine app directly on www.example.com but enforces me to
> define a subdomain. Am I wrong?

yes. there are many app engine apps out there using a www subdomain.
this is perfectly possible.

and since we are on this, anybody knows the technical reasons why it
is not possible to have a *.domain.com pointing to a app in app
engine? i tried a silly workaround, pointing www.domain.com to google,
and then pointing *.domain.com to www.domain.com, but it didn't work.
silly because afaik it is not possible to point wildcard subdomains to
cnames. :-P

do you think this will be possible anytime in the future? i wanted to
setup an app using user1.domain.com, user2.domain.com etc, like others
here (see issue #113:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=113)

-- rodrigo