On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 8:23 AM, heavyz wrote:
> 2. Because the ancestor relationship also establishes a one-to-many
> relationship, should I remove
> CommentOnFoo's "foo" property (ReferenceProperty to Foo)? I think it's
> redundant.

since you define Foo as parent of CommentOnFoo, it'd be redundant
indeed to have it as a property.

regarding performance, the docs says: "Entity groups do not have a
significant impact on the speed of queries.", but "improve the
performance of creating and updating data". [1]

[1]
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/datastore/keysandentitygroups.html#Entity_Groups_Ancestors_and_Paths

-- rodrigo