On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Marzia Niccolai wrote:
> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> Is this a standard Python module or your own code? If your own code, does
> the folder in which the code resides contain an __init__.py file?  Could you
> provide your directory structure and the exact module(s) name(s) that are
> being effected?

Hi Marzia,
This happens from time to time with various modules I include in my
app directory, and it is kinda random. They all have __init__.py. For
example, I have this in my code:

import simplejson.decoder
json = simplejson.decoder.JSONDecoder()

The simplejson module is located in a 'external' directory that i add
to sys.path in main.py:

# Add our own directory, so we can import from it.
root = os.path.dirname(__file__)
sys.path.insert(0, root)
sys.path.append(os.path.join(root, 'external'))

A couple of times I got a "No module named simplejson.decoder" error,
and after restarting the server the error was gone and the module is
loaded normally (without any modifications in the code).

But this doesn't help only with modules. Some templates are not found
despite they are in the right place, and after I restart the server
they work as they should. I guess this is related to how the sdk
caches its stuff.

I am developing in Mac OSX 10.5.5

thanks,
-- rodrigo